Sunday, November 27, 2011

Playing live in Bangalore (November Reign)

Dear readers,

It has been a nice month for me. Our manager Anirban "Kaké" Ghoshal has almost kept the whole band busy. We had shows every weekend. Most of the shows were in pubs and close spaces except one open air show. You learn a lot of practical things from all these shows. Open stages are more fun to play. However, in most cases, you might get a monitor mix that you will never be completely happy with. What I have learned so far is to trust the other band members - that they will play their parts to the best of their abilities and to play my part to the best of mine. This invariably means that you do the shows with some gut intuition.

I really want to get some exposure in playing open air shows. It is a different set of ballgame altogether. That being said, I am looking forward to playing our songs in front of an younger audience -school children.

Sagarneel Biswas has been tracking us from venue to venue. You can find some really good snaps of the band if you click on the image below. Do check out his other works as well.



My PhD defense has been fixed on 8th December. I am not so well prepared, especially considering the fact that my external is IIT Kanpur's Prof. C. S. Upadhyay and he had sent a 4 page set of 39 questions as reviewer's comments.

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment