Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Dairy Milk that I couldn't eat

Dear readers,

I decided to take a spoon of Chyawanprash everyday for its claimed health benefits. The medium sized Dabur's product is worth 125/-. I paid the shopkeeper two 100/- notes but he couldn't manage to get a 5/- change that he had to pay me back. To spare him from the trouble I decided to take a 5/- Dairy Milk bar.

If you had read the first line of this entry, you would know that I also needed a spoon. I rode to the nearest utensil shop and bought a steel spoon worth 15/-. To my dismay, even this shopkeeper did not have 5/- change for the two 10/- notes I had given him. I recounted the incident at the last shop to affirm that I really did not have 5/- change with me. He thought about it for a while and said "Chalo, chocolate hi de do. Aap bhi khush, hum bhi khush, bachhey bhi khush." (Okay, you can give me the chocolate. You'll be happy, so would I and so will be the kids.)

Chocolates are the new currency.

Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment